Raabdi is a traditional and ancient dish normally made in the northern part of india. It serves as a cool and tasty breakfast in summer season specially. It very common in Rajasthan , Gujarat and Haryana.
INGREDIENTS REQUIRED :
- 100 gm bajra (pearl millet) flour
- 1 litre chaach (butter milk)
- Salt as per your taste
- Take 100 gm bajra(pearl millet) flour and add 1 litre chaach(buttermilk) to it and assure that it not very thick, it should be a thin mixture.
- Add salt as per your taste
- Now leave it for 3 -4 hours in daytime in sunlight for fermentation.
- At night heat it for 10 – 15 minutes with continuous stirring to avoid the lump formation
- Your raabdi is ready to take as a breakfast in the morning but before taking please add more chaach(buttermilk) to reduce its sourness.
- As it contains lactic acid it acts as a anti-ageing and anti wrinkle drink and also helps to improve skin tone and treats hyperpigmentation.
- Improves the digestive system.
- Helps in reducing cholesterol.
- It is rich in vitamins and nutrients and also a good source of calcium.
- Also it keeps the body cool and is a good summer drink.
- It helps to have a sound sleep.