Today is mahashivratri, a festival related to lord Shiva and is celebrated by Hindus in India.On this day Shiva devotees observe fast and offer bael leaves also called bael patra on Shiva linga for worship as it is a belief that all the wishes of people gets fulfilled. According to skand purana(indian manuscript) the origin of bael tree was from the sweat droplets of Goddess Parvati which fell on the mandranchal mountain
Also according to Rigveda this plant is said to be the home of Goddess Lakshmi ,the deity of wealth and prosperity.The leaves of Bael plant have Trifoliate pattern which is said to be the symbol of holy trinity Brahma,Vishnu and Shiva.
It is also a plant of great medicinal value and a special gift given by nature for summer season. It is helpful in following diseases:
- Diarrhoea (due to the presence of tannin in bael fruit it is helpful in curing diarrhoea)
It also helps in cleaning the toxins from the body which is good for kidney and liver
MY SPECIAL BAEL JUICE PREPARATION METHOD FOR SUMMER SEASON WHICH YOU CAN MAKE AT YOUR HOME EASILY.
HOW TO MAKE BAEL JUICE
- 1 fresh ripped Bael fruit pulp
- 1 litre pure water
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ginger powder
- Sugar as per your taste
- Milk( not necessary,only for enhancing taste)
MIX THESE ALL INGREDIENTS AND LEAVE IT FOR 1 HOUR IN A BOWL OR POT. THEN SIEVE IT AND IF YOU WANT TO MAKE IT MORE COOL ,YOU CAN ADD ICE CUBES TOO.
NOTE: IN CASE OF DIABETES AVOID SUGAR AND MILK
- Bael murabba is very beneficial too as it makes the body cool during summer season and also helpful in peptic ulcer and acidity.
2 SPECIAL PRODUCTS OF AYURVEDA WHICH ARE MADE BY DIFFERENT COMPANIES IN INDIA :
- BILWADI CHURNA (dry bael powder and combination of different herbs) is used to cure dysentery.
- BILWADI AVALEHYA is also used to cure indigestion,gas, bloated stomach,dysentery.