SCIENTIFIC NAME-Curcuma longa
INDIAN NAME- Haldi
PARTS USED- Rhizome
Turmeric is a great ancient herb used in kitchen as well as for medicinal purposes. In india there is a wedding tradition called ” HALDI RASAM” which is performed before marriage. In this rasam turmeric and other ingredients paste is applied on whole body of groom(dulha) and bride (dulhan). This is an evidence of its importance that it makes the skin shining , wrinkle and pimple free.
METHOD FOR MAKING THE TURMERIC PASTE:
- Turmeric powder
- Barley flour
- Mustard oil
Mix all these ingredients and the paste is ready.
In case of oily skin milk can be used in place of mustard oil
METHOD FOR MAKING TURMERIC MILK
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 4 – basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon honey
- First of all take basil leaves and turmeric powder and mix them with the milk, then boil the milk on low flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Now sieve it and add honey.
- Beneficial in cough and cold
- Effective in arthritis pain and swelling
- Allergic rhinitis
- skin allergy
- Boosting the immune system
- Antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties
METHOD FOR MAKING TURMERIC SUGAR MIXTURE
- Roasted turmeric powder
– Mix these ingredients in equal quantity
DOSE– 1 teaspoon daily with milk or water
- Beneficial in skin allergy
- Beneficial in cough and cold
- Helpful in allergic rhinitis and allergic asthma.
In a study it was found that curcumin is an active compound found in turmeric, which is very effective in arthritis.
In ayurveda Haridrakhand is a best product for skin allergies.
Skin is the largest organ and first visible part of our body. In winter season we faces many skin problems such as :-
- Dry skin
- Skin rashes
In winter season the level of humidity become low and the air becomes dry. Due to this water in our skin evaporates more quickly , resulting in all skin problems mentioned above. Another cause for dry skin is that our body does not produces sweat.
METHODS TO CURE DRY SKIN
(1) Eat foods which are rich in vitamin E . Best sources are nuts, sprouts, unprocessed and unrefined vegetable oil, brown rice, etc.
(2) Massage therapyall types of massage therapies are useful but oil massage therapy is much beneficial. It improves the blood flow in the skin.
(3) BRUSHING WITH COTTON CLOTH–Take a wet cotton cloth during the bath and rub it on your body slowly and gently. This method was very famous in india in the ancient times. They used handmade cotton cloth at that time. Rubbing the cotton cloth on body helps in removing the dead skin cells and build new cells.
(4) Steam Bath– Very useful in sweating . Sweating plays the main role in eliminating wastes like by products and toxins
(5) Regular Exercise– Do regular exercise for sweating.
Scientific name: Aloe vera linn
Indian Name: Gwarpatha
Parts Used: Gel(pulp), powder .
Aloevera is a plant having short stem.It grows wild in tropical cimates , growing upto 25-40 inches.It has fleshy leaves.It requires less water for its growth.
BENEFITS OF ALOEVERA-
- A great herb which has the most healing properties.
- Strengthens tissues and also regenerates them.
- Very useful in burns and cuts.
- Useful in constipation
- It has antibacterial, antiseptic and anti inflammatory properties.
- Useful in spasmodic pain.
- Very useful in allergic rhinitis and allergic asthma.
- Its gel is very useful in pimples.
HOW TO USE-
ALOEVERA JUICE – drink up to 8 ounces of aloe vera juice per day.You can prepare it at home or can purchase it from the market, but home made juice is more beneficial as it does not contains any preservatives.
MY HELPFUL FORMULA
(1) 1 teaspoon gel of aloevera
(2) 1 teaspoon honey
(3) 1 gram cinnamon powder
– Mix all these ingredients and eat it on empty stomach every morning and at night before going to sleep.
BENEFITS OF THIS FORMULA-
- Acts as a great immune booster
- Very effective in cough and cold.
- Helps to control allergic rhinitis and allergic asthma.
- Helpful in constipation.
- It keeps the color of hair black
- It also helps in removing wrinkles
INDIAN LADDOO RECIPE-
These laddus are very famous among the old aged people of india in winter season.
(1) Fresh aloevera gel- 200 gram
(2) Wheat flour- 400 gram
(3) Ghee – 200 gram
(4) internal part of muskmelon seeds ( magaz ke beej)-50 gram.
(5) Pan with heavy bottom surface.
PREPARATION METHOD :
First of all take a pan and add ghee in it. When the ghee starts heating, add pulp of aloe vera and cook on a low flame. Add cooked flour and sugar after stirring.Keep warming on this flavor till it becomes worthy of making laddus and then cool down and make laddus.
-Take 30 gram of laddoo in morning and evening with milk. You can take more according to your body weight.
BENEFITS OF ALOEVERA LADDUS-
- Acts as a anti- aging tonic.
- Useful in cough and cold.
- Helpful in removing the joint pain.
Many products of aloevera are available in market such as face wash, gel etc.