According to who worldwide, obesity has nearly trippled since 1975. In 2016,more than 1.9 billion adults, 18 year and older were overweight.Of these over 650 millions were obese.39% of adults aged 18 years and over were overweight in 2016, and 13% were obese.Most of the world’s population live in countries where overweight and obesity kills more people than underweight.41 million children under the age of 5 were overweight or obese in 2016.Over 340 million children and adolescents aged 5-19 were overweight or obese in 2016. But OBESITY is preventable and curable.
Through Self determination and dedication, one can prevent/cure obesity.
Responsible factors for overwight/obesity:
- the main cause of obesity is disbalance in calorie intake and calorie burnt.
- eating habits – eating foods of high in sugar,salts .WHO recommends about 25 gms. or less of added sugar per day. Added sugar is comlex molecule,it can’t be fully broken into glucose.The extra molecules left behind are converted itno glycogen or as fat.salts are the inorganic compounds , eating excessive salts doesn’t increase body weight directly,it increases the water retention.
- Thus proper diet plan can help a lot in maintaing your weight.
- Hypothyroidism is one of most common causes,when thyroid gland is underactive ,it is called hypothyroidism. When the thyroid gland is weak or the pituitary gland is hyper active,then TSH level will increase.And high TSH levels cause weight gain because patients with an underactive thyroid tend have a low basal metabloic rate.The individuals with severe hypothyroidism have greater weight gain.
- Genetic: genetics plays an important role in obesity.Genes cause obesity disorders like Bardet-Biedl syndrome and Prader-Willi syndrome.Every cell in our body is a genetic cell, some are weaker and some are stronger. The weak cells can lead to glandular weakness which are passed from one generation to next generation.
Side effects of obesity :
- Overweight individuals get vitamin and mineral deficiency.
- Bone loss (osteoporosis,spinal deterioration)
- chances of osteo-arthritis
- connective tissue weakness
- increase in sugar level
- esophageal cancer
- fatty liver disease
- gallbladder cancer
- liver cancer
- high blood pressure, high cholesterol, irregular heartbeat, and atherosclerosis.
- stretch marks on body.
- change your eating habit : avoid excess intake of sugar and salt, eating raw fruits and vegetables are very helpful in reducing or maintaining your weight.they are alkaline in nature and full of nutrition and have a simple sugar and amino acids.
- Take sprout , beans or grains in your breakfast as they have a high nutritional content and fibers.it helps to control excess hunger. It gives you energy as well as it also acts like an antioxidant,removing toxic metals and mucus from the body.
- Fenugreek sprouts are much beneficial to loose weight.
how to make sprout beans breakfast : first wash fenugreek seeds with water, take fenugreek seeds and water in a glass pot or clay pot and soak over the night. now the soaked seeds in a colander and leave covered for 3-4 days.Don’t forget to wash the seeds once a day. instead of colander you can tie them in a muslin cloth and tie somewhere.After 3 days tiny sprouts starts coming out of the seeds. Add lemon as a flavor as per your taste.Your healthy fenugreek sprouts breakfast is ready.
Start your morning with natural nector (honey ,lemon and water). Take 400ml. Luke warm water, 2 lemons and 2 teaspoons full honey. Drinking honey and lemon water mixture every morning on an empty stomach boosts metabolism which helps you loose weight.it is also a very good bowel regulator.
do daily exercises like running, cycling, yoga, join gym , aerobic exercises
must do yogas like kapal bhati , anulom vilom pranayama under a perfect yoga teacher.
In naturopathy, steam bath is also helpfull in lossing weight.